The 2012 Zombie Walk For Charity will be unique in a few ways. It will be Bowling Greens first official Zombie Walk. It is a free roam walk with participation of many Downtown Businesses. It will benefit 3 charities: The BG Christian Food Pantry, Computers for Charity, and BG Teen Center. The Walk is supported by the Bowling green Chamber Of Commerce and the Downtown BG Organization, as well as many other community organizations. So, this is a cause you know you should be supporting but how?? Here are 10 free and easy ways!
1. Volunteer: What is there to do before the walk? Tons of stuff! We need people to help us promote by making phone calls, distributing fliers and helping us pull off some fun publicity stunts if you want to get Zombified before the Walk. Trust me, if you commit to a little time, we have plenty of things that we need warm bodies for!
2. Spread the word on social networks: All of us are connected to one or more social networks these days. Like our Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/zombiewalkforcharity. Then share the link with friends who may be interested. Don't stop there, share with your friends on other social networks or tweet some news about the ZWC. Actively encourage your friends to follow suit and next thing you know our page will go Viral, which is idea for a Zombie Outbreak!
3. Add a link to the Zombie Walk in your email signature: This can be done in most email clients easily including Gmail and Yahoo Mail in the settings. Just a simple "Please support the BG Zombie Walk - http://zombiewalkforcharity.webs.com/" will suffice. Or if you know how you can get fancy and embed a small banner pointing to our site. That way your sharing the ZWC every time you send emails, without spamming the recipient!
4. Shop at ZWC Sponsor Businesses and let them know it's because you supprt the Walk: It is crucial that we let businesses know that supporting thne Zombie Walk will result in a net gain in their bottom line, not just on the day of the walk but also before and after the event. Withoout our Business Sponsors their would not be much to do during the walk and we would not have anywhere to start and end the walk. So please visit our Sponsors Page - http://zombiewalkforcharity.webs.com/sponsors and actively shop at these merchants, even if it means going a little out of your way!
5. Write a blog post: Almost everyone has an outlet for blogging these days — whether that means a site running WordPress, an account at LiveJournal, or a blog on MySpace or Facebook. By writing about the Walk and including links to our pages, you’re helping to spread awareness among your social circle and your contributing to our page edging up in the search engine rankings! I am available for interviews if you want to go that route. call me: 419-371-1611!
6. Create A Video: As mentioned, blog posts are great, but a picture really says a thousand words. The web has become a lot more visual in recent years and there are now a large number of social tools to help you express yourself using video. When you record a video plea or call to action about the Zombie Walk For Charity, you can make your message sound more authentic and real. You can use sites like 12seconds.tv, Vimeo, and YouTube to easily record and spread your video message!
7.Tell A freind in Person: Social networks are great for reaching lots of people at once but nothing sticks in peoples minds like a good old conversation. Familiarize yourself with ZWC happenings on our website and share with your friends and aquaintences. heck share with total strangers for that matter. Memorize the address - www.zombiewalkforcharity.webs.com so you'll be able to direct them to more information.
8. Put up posters: We have lots of styles to choose form and the are all free and easily downloaded from our website - http://zombiewalkforcharity.webs.com/apps/documents. If everyone just prints up one and places it in a prominent location we will have the city blanketed in no time and save a ton of money. We could never cover all the areas our supporters can cover anyhow, so Please put up posters and encourage your friends to do likewise! If you don't like our offerings feel free to make and distribute your own (Please send me a copy so I can post yours on our site for others to share)!
9. Actively participate on our Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/zombiewalkforcharity: Excited about the Zombie Walk? Give us a shoutout on the page! Have suggestions or comments? Drop us a line on our page! Questions or concerns? Ask right on our page! The more public activity on the page, the more people see the page! When I've gone on a posting spree, the page has reached 1,099 unique people! Imagine if we all were posting!
10. Actively participate in the discussion forums: We have News forums on the ZWC site designed to allow you to leave comments, links, html code and pictures. So if you have developed a cool banner, video or poster, you can post it in the news forums for active discussion! If you use the forums it simplifies things for us, instead of having to chase down information from multiple email accounts and sites! - http://zombiewalkforcharity.webs.com/apps/blog/
So there you go! 10 easy and free ways to support Bowling Greens first Zombie Walk For Charity. I'm sure you can think of more. If so you now know where to share your ideas! Please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com with any questions! Thanks for your time and I look forward to seeing hearing from you in the near future!
Jeffrey Kill - Director of BG OH Zombie Walk For Charity